Apart from wearing contact lenses that provide big-eye effects and eye shadows, one of the fundamental eye make up would be the eyeliner. Some girls just can’t leave home without eyeliner and here’s why.
If you are just starting out with eyeliners, try using pencil/crayon-like type of eyeliners. You would need to first master the curves on your eyelids as well as your eye shape and probably need to get used to applying make up on your eyes before you can advance on.
Once you can the hang of it, you may wish to try out a more challenging task – that is to create the cat’s eye effects!
Forget about eyeshadows, these cat eye effects would perfect the look!
If you are facing some difficulties perfecting that flick, here are some useful tips which you may consider trying out :
1. Using a cotton swab with a bit of lotion in an upward and outward motion from underneath the line will get you the sharp, cat-eye finish
2. Another useful trick is to use a piece of paper or if it’s too flimsy, use a name card instead. Similarly, you may also use this trick for the application of mascara on your lower lashes, preventing any stains. When placing the card on your face, position it at a 45 degree slant.
3. If holding the paper/name card on one hand and applying eyeliner on the other is too much of a hassle, try considering sticking tapes at the side of your eyes. This would provide you with ample assistance with the use of both hands when drawing the eyeliner. Also, remember the 45 degree rule.
6. After you’ve got the start of the extensions settled, the other challenge would be to balance the ends of the eyeliner. Now, this can be rather tricky as well but having a mark which indicates the level you should try until would help as well. Don’t immediately remove the sticker tape on your mirror once you are done. Position yourself at the lower bottom of the sticker tape so that the tape is now positioned above your eye. Balance it out by adjusting your height according to the side that is completed with the eyeliner.
7. If you are using pencil/crayon-like eyeliners, be sure to sharpen them before drawing. This is especially important because the ends of the cat eye effects should gradually decrease in thickness ending with sharp edges. Drawing with blunt eyeliners will not create the cat eye effects as the ends would be rounded instead of sharp.
8. Do not use both pencil and liquid eyeliners or pencil and gel-like eyeliners together as the stark difference will be obvious, although it would be easier to draw the extensions at the ends with a liquid eyeliner. So stick only to one.
9. If you have not mastered the sharp edges yet, don’t fret. Instead, your dark grey eye shadows can now come in handy, creating the smoking eye effect. Since you will need to blend at the ends of the eyes, it would not be obvious if your ends are not perfectly sharp.10. To create the full cat eye effect, you would need to apply multiple coats of black mascara, especially paying attention to the longest lashes at the outer corners of your eyes for a super sultry look that is truly the cat’s meow.
And don’t just stick to the boring usual black eyeliners, go different, dramatic and adventurous with glitters and colours!